2020 Suzuki KingQuad 400FSi
In 1983, Suzuki introduced the world's first 4-wheel ATV. Today, Suzuki ATVs are everywhere. From the most remote areas to the most everyday tasks, you'll find the KingQuad powering a rider onward. Across the board, our KingQuad lineup is an exceptional group of ATVs.
The Suzuki KingQuad 400FSi features a five-speed manual-shift transmission and semi-automatic clutch for those who favor a bit sportier performance. It cranks out an impressive amount of torque and has an incredibly wide powerband for exceptional performance on the trail or on the job. A high-performance iridium spark plug and refined Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system help provide outstanding fuel efficiency, clean emissions, and great performance.
- Powerful, fuel-injected, 4-stroke engine is easy on gas
- Durable manual transmission with semi-automatic clutch
- Select 2WD or 4WD via a handlebar-mounted lever
- Large fuel tank and plush seat delivers extended, comfortable riding range
- Rugged bodywork and full racks to tackle any task
- The KingQuad 400FSi's fuel-injected, 376cc, four-stroke, four-valve engine produces efficient power and driveablity.
- Suzuki's class-leading fuel injection smooth's power output, especially in the mid-to-high range, and provides excellent cold starting. The system uses 3-D maps for optimum ignition, creating responsive yet environmentally compliant performance.
- Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS) uses an oil cooler and thermostat-controlled cooling fan to shed engine heat during hard work or cargo hauling.
- Push-button electric starting has a start-in-gear function—when the rear brake is applied—allowing starting without shifting to neutral (as conditions permit).
- The Engine Control Unit (ECU) has slip control logic, which adjusts fuel injector duration and timing to improve drivability and grip in loose/slippery conditions.
- Highly efficient iridium spark plug contributes to better combustion, cleaner emissions and longer plug life. Engine starting under low temperature is also improved.
- Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system and catalyst-equipped exhaust system help the ATV meet emission standards while maintaining a high level of performance (eligible for California red-sticker registration).
- Five-speed transmission with semi-automatic clutch with reverse allows the rider to select the ideal gear for maximum traction and fuel efficiency.
- Select 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a handlebar-mounted lever. The shaft drive system is reliable and durable and is nearly maintenance-free.
- Torque-sensing limited-slip front differential provides maximum traction and light steering when in 4WD mode.
- High/low selectable sub-transmission provides wide-ranging versatility.
- Automotive gate-type gearshift lever lets you conveniently choose high or low range, neutral or reverse.
- The ECU has a Reverse Mode that monitors vehicle speed, so higher engine rpm can be used when getting out of mud or loose soil in reverse mode.
- Sporty bodywork features sharply angled, high-clearance fenders.
- Suzuki's exclusive T-shaped seat delivers rider mobility during sport riding or tackling difficult terrain. It's also plush for extended riding comfort.
- Overall length is under 82 inches (208 cm), so the KingQuad fits into a 6.5-foot truck bed for easy transportation.
- A swing-arm rear suspension with 6.7 inches (170.1 mm) of wheel travel and twin shock absorbers provides agile handling and plush riding.
- Independent front A-arm suspension offers smooth performance and remarkable ground clearance with 6.7 inches (170.1 mm) of wheel travel.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes feature calipers with large, 34mm pistons and wide brake-pad surface area for increased stopping power and outstanding durability.
- Large, 25-inch Carlisle tires with aggressive tread offer consistent traction in wet conditions, yet make for a quiet, smooth ride on hard-packed trails.
- The tires are mounted to rugged steel wheels powder-coated with a durable matte black finish.
- Lightweight and strong plastic skid plates are sturdy to withstand trail pounding, yet slippery to let obstacles slide below.
- Dual 35-watt headlights (with high and low settings) are part of the distinctive KingQuad grille appearance. Bright tail light helps make the ATV visible in dark conditions.
- Heavy-duty front and rear cargo racks let you take advantage of the ATV's superb load capabilities. Wrinkle paint finish on the racks and front bumper is durable and scratch resistant.
- LCD instrumentation includes speedometer, odometer, trip meter, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, and indicators for reverse, neutral, oil and FI (fuel injection).
- Automotive-style DC power outlet is included on front fender.
- Large, 4.2 gallon (16.0 L) fuel tank provides outstanding riding range.
- Winch-ready mounts and wire conduit makes winch installation simple.
- Full floorboards with integrated raised footpegs provide protection.
- A variety of Suzuki Genuine Accessories are available, including winches, windshield, front and rear bumpers, snowplow, aluminum skid pans, rack extensions, utility box, and more.
- 12-month limited warranty
- Minimum Operator Age: 16 Years Old
- Engine: 376cc (22.94 cu. in.), 4-stroke, air-cooled with SCAS, OHC single cylinder
- Bore Stroke: 82.0 x 71.2 mm (3.228 in. x 2.803 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel System: Suzuki electronic fuel injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 5-speed forward constant mesh, with high/low range and reverse
- Clutch: Dry shoe, automatic, centrifugal type
- Driven Wheels: 2WD and 4WD
- Final Drive: Shaft drive
- Suspension Front: Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brakes, twin rotors
- Brakes Rear: Single drum brake
- Tires Front: AT25 x 8-12, tubeless type x 2
- Tires Rear: AT25 x 10-12, tubeless type x 2
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.0 L (4.2 US gal.)
- Color: Terra Green or Flame Red
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Headlight: 12V 35/35W (HS1) × 2
- Tail Light: 12V 21/5W
- Overall Length: 2060 mm (81.1 in.)
- Overall Width: 1145 mm (45.1 in.)
- Overall Height: 1220 mm (48.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1270 mm (50.0 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 250 mm (9.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 840 mm (33.1 in.)
- Curb Weight: 279 kg (615 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month unlimited-mileage limited warranty
- Extensions: Coverage extension and additional benefits are available
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, OHC single cylinder
- 376cc (22.94 cu. in.)
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.228 in. x 2.803 in. (82.0 x 71.2 mm)
- Engine Cooling
- Air with SCAS
- Fuel System
- Suzuki electronic fuel injection
- Starting System
- Front Suspension
- Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brake Type
- Disc brakes, twin rotors
- Front Tires
- AT25 x 8-12, tubeless type x 2
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brake Type
- Single drum brake
- Rear Tires
- AT25 x 10-12, tubeless type x 2
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 615 lb. (279 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 US gal. (16.0 L)
- Ground Clearance
- 9.8 in. (250 mm)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 81.1 in. (2060 mm) x 45.1 in. (1145 mm) x 48.0 in. (1220 mm)
- 50.0 in. (1270 mm)
- Drive Train
- 2WD and 4WD
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- 5-speed forward constant mesh, with high/low range and reverse
- 12V 35/35W (HS1) × 2
- Terra Green, Flame Red
- 12-month unlimited-mileage limited warranty