2020 Yamaha YZ65
In The Zone
Designed for the discriminating mini moto racer that wants to win and propel themselves into the victory zone.
- Potent 65cc Motocrosser: Built to win races, the YZ65™ is ready to tackle the track with winning performance right out of the gate. And, of course, this compact machine features Yamaha's renowned competition off-road quality and durability just like the bigger YZs.
- YPVS™ Powerplant: The 65cc two-stroke engine features the legendary Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS), a mechanical power valve system that delivers a broad spread of power and torque across the entire RPM range.
- Adjustable Chassis: With a strong steel frame and adjustable front and rear suspension, the YZ65 offers riders the traction, confidence, and tunability of full-size motocross machines in a compact package.
- Potent Two-Stroke Engine: The 65cc two-stroke powerplant features the same advanced technologies found in Yamaha's race-winning YZ125 and YZ250 motocrossers.
- Race-Developed Intake: Proven reed-valve induction improves acceleration and throttle response across the entire powerband, with a carefully tuned Keihin® PWK28 carburetor to meter fuel flow.
- Yamaha Power Valve System: Patented YPVS™ combines crisp bottom-end torque with potent midrange and free-revving top-end, making the most of the compact engine and lightweight chassis.
- Close-Ratio Transmission: Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance, giving riders the right gear for every race condition.
- Digital Ignition: Digital CDI system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for excellent response.
- Efficient Cooling System: Compact radiator delivers maximum cooling efficiency even in the toughest racing conditions.
- Compact Steel Frame: The YZ65 offers light, neutral handling built on a strong steel cradle frame. Designed around the rigidity balance required for the 65cc class, this frame delivers excellent bump absorption in the roughest track sections, jump landings and whoop sections.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight and convenient maintenance, just like on the full-size motocross bikes.
- Dual Wave-Type Disc Brakes: Wave-style brake rotors are lighter than conventional rotors and have that full size YZ family style.
- Adjustable Suspension Systems: Up front, a 36mm KYB® coil spring fork offers excellent compliance with settings based on Yamaha's extensive testing experience. Out back, a link-less shock design is light, compact, and works through a swingarm with YZ125-style chain adjusters. Both front and rear suspension systems are tunable for both rebound and compression damping.
- Maxxis® Tires: Maxxcross SI tires offer good grip across of a variety of track conditions, utilizing 60/100-14 front and 80/100-12 rear tire sizes.
- Adjustable Ergonomics: The YZ65 is highly tunable to fit riders of various sizes, with a 4-position adjustable aluminum handlebar clamp, adjustable position clutch and front brake levers, grippy foot pegs, and long seat design to help riders move across the bike.
- Aggressive YZ Family Styling: The YZ65 may be the smallest member of the family, but it packs in the same aggressive styling as the larger YZ and YZ-F siblings, even down to the slick blue Excel® wheels.
- Engine Type: 65cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 43.5mm x 43.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.1~9.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 36mm KYB® coil spring, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 8.5 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 10.6 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: 198mm hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 190mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 60/100-14 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
- Tires / Rear: 80/100-12 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
- L x W x H: 63.5 in. x 30.0 in. x 39.5 in.
- Seat Height: 29.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 45.0 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.4 deg.
- Trail: 2.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 10.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 0.9 gal.
- Wet Weight: 134 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 43.5mm x 43.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK28 carburetor
- Front Suspension
- 36mm KYB® coil spring, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 8.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- 198mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 60/100-14 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 10.6 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- 190mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 80/100-12 Maxxis® Maxxcross SI
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 134 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 0.9 gal.
- 45.0 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.5 in.
- 2.5 in.
- 26.4 deg.
- 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)